The impact of the Friends of the Osher Map Library is far-reaching. On a yearly basis we:
- Support the OML in staffing positions for research, digitizing the collection and significantly expanding educational outreach for Maine’s K-12 students.
- Grow the Friends’ Endowment.
- Support lectures by prominent guest speakers at the OML.
- Aid in conducting VIP tours in the library and gallery.
- Support publications as suggested by the OML staff.
- Aid in the expansion of the OML’s collection and fund specific needs of the OML.
- Produce periodic newsletters.
- Have a board of directors who serve on committees supporting library activities and promotion.
Become a Friend and donate with a tax-deductible gift and you will preserve our Nation’s cartographic history for generations to come.